It’s spring! When you’re clearing out the things you no longer need, you will need to decide where they will go.
If they don’t belong in your recycling bin, here are a few alternatives, listed from the most difficult/ time-consuming to the easiest. Some will make you money and some will cost you money, but all will leave you with a great feeling:
- organize a garage sale with your neighbours
- list them on Craigslist, Ebay, or Freecycle
- choose a charity to donate them. If you live in Greater Vancouver, you can find a comprehensive, up-to-date list at http://www.metrovancouverrecycles.org/Pages/Residential.aspx
- it’s surprisingly easy and inexpensive to deliver a car or truckload to your local dump/ Wastech facility; find yours at http://www.wastech.ca/
- call a rubbish removal service such as http://www.tidytrailers.com/